UnxploreDimensions...

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Life's point of no return..............

Memory is a child walking along a seashore. You never can tell what small pebble it will pick up and store away among its treasured things. -Pierce Harris

Remembering. I am half-smiling at ridiculous situations, crazy people and strange places, all with the benefit of hindsight. I admit I am choosing my memories selectively. I am quickening time, losing years and even improving my looks. I have never included the bad side which, I know, is an integral part of one's memories. That was not for me.

Once, I met someone.... a few years back... unexpectedly after a brief know-how kinds... over a hush-hush lunch on a warm sunny winter noon......... followed by a small drive. I get dropped at some place where I intended to meet some agency guys.
Waiving off hands ........ with a thought of never crossing roads with him again in life, I never expected to hear from him...
All of a sudden, I hear from him....... small interactions lasted for some time and then I relocated............and touch was lost forever.Period.

But again after some time destiny took me back to the same place... and the leaves of memories rustled in a known tune........ It lasted for few weeks with geographies playing a big role in creating distances this time........... and I was certain of taking it as a note of Gone Forever kinds.... with some really sweet memories........ But No, I was seriously mistaken..... the destiny had some other plans. Out of the blue, our thoughts crossed somewhere in spiritual plane it seems....... and there was a brief interaction with same old warmth, compassion and longing to add up.

And now..... I am being selective in choosing these memoirs to remember........b'coz it breeds a strange certainity......optimism and faith that miracles do happen in life.

There is a point at which everything becomes simple and there is no longer any question of choice, because all you have staked will be lost if you look back. Life’s point of no return.
posted by Reetika at 8/30/2007 08:25:00 PM

3 Comments:

Reetika, it is exact 13 days since you have not been here. Time to wake up. Just kidding.

In fact, I am missing your words. Hope to see some more of your thoughts here soon.

September 12, 2007 7:07 PM  

You write very well.

November 11, 2008 9:31 PM  

awesome post. words with some great insights. really love the way you have written, miracles do happen in life. i too believe in them. :)

December 18, 2008 5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape Text selection Lock by Hindi Blog Tips